The AKG is committed to perform the following functions inherited from the different Task Forces created before it to address the Kidnap-for-Ransom (KFR) menace in the country. (Reference: PNP Letter of Instruction LOI 12/02 dated July 15, 2002):
- Conduct an all-out and sustained operation against KFR groups and personalities.
- Strengthen its operational capabilities to implement anti-KFR strategies and to intensify its campaigns against all forms of kidnapping and hostage taking.
- Maintain linkages with other law enforcement agencies and strengthen community participation in the fight against the KFR menace.
- Develop and maintain relevant database.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Chief, PNP.